Today there are several billions of Internet users and China has the most Internet users in the world now. Despite this Chinese Internet censorship is one of the strongest in the whole world.
Thousands of websites and services are blocked in China today. Youtube, Facebook, Google, Gmail, and many others sites are not available in the country. Read below and you find out what websites are blocked in China.
The restrictions are mainly based on IP Address, so if you can hide your IP address you can easily access blocked sites and avoid censorship in China.
The most popular tools to bypass Chinese geo restrictions are:
The most popular are:
- VPN service
- TOR browser.
We will consider how to unblock Youtube in China with VPN because this is the most reliable solution that is easy in use, safe and private.
How to Use Youtube in China
To use Youtube in China you need:
- Get VPN
- Setup vpn connection
- Open Youtube and enjoy millions of videos.
It is easy to setup vpn connection in your devices.
You can see complete vpn setup instructions here.
How to unblock Youtube in China on iPhone
To watch Youtube in China on your iOS device (iPad or iPhone) you need to do the next:
- Get your VPN account data
- Setup Open VPN or L2TP vpn
- Use Youtube without any restrictions.
Sahrzad OpenVPN setup Guides for iPhone, iPad, iPad mini
1. Setup OpenVPN Connect application from AppStore on your iOS device.
2. We send you configuration file *.ovpn (file name can be different depending on the server location)
You can find it in the attachment to the letter that we send you.
Please open it on your iOS device in Mail app and select Open it in OpenVPN.
Very important to open config file exactly in Mail app. Otherwise it can’t be opened by OpenVPN application.
3. Click + in the right bottom corner. The next window should appear
4. Enter ‘UserID’ and ‘Password’. ‘UserID’ is your VPN username. Tick ‘Save’ and switch ‘Connection’ to ON.
Sahrzad VPN setup Guides for iOS 10
To make a new vpn connection in your iOS device you need to do the next:
1. Go to Settings > General > VPN
2. Click Add VPN Configuration. Select L2TP VPN and click Back
3. Input you VPN account data – server, account and password. You get these data from Sahrzad service in the e-mail after ordering vpn. Fill the Secret field – secret (small letters)
Please note:Server address must be exactly as in your account data (without http://, www or any other symbols)
4. Tap Done to save the settings.
Once you have created vpn connection you can switch it on and off on the main settings screen.
Below you can see the list of sites which are restricted in the country due to Chinese censorship.
Sites and Services Blocked in China
Search Websites Banned in China
Email Service Blocked in China
Social Networks Restricted in China
Adult Sites Banned in China
Audio Website Banned in China
Maps Service Banned in China
News Sites Banned in China
|Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation||www.nrk.no|
|The Epoch Times||www.theepochtimes.com|
|The Epoch Times(Chinese Edition)||www.epochtimes.com|
|New Tang Dynasty Television||www.ntdtv.com|
Portals Blocked in China
|Yahoo! Hong Kong||hk.yahoo.com|
Publication Blocked in China
|The New York Times||nytimes.com|
|Nikkei BP Japan||nikkeibp.co.jp|
Sharing Services Blocked in China
|The Pirate Bay||thepiratebay.se|
Shopping Websites Blocked in China
Hosting Solutions Not Available in China