Several days ago (since September 22, 2019) main Egyptian Internet service providers – Telecom Egypt and Raya – started blocking some social media platforms and news websites. Among blocked sites are Facebook, Facebook Messenger, BBC News, Skype, Twitter, and others. For now the only reliable and safe way to avoid Internet censorship in Egypt is using a secure VPN service.
You can try Sahrzad service and access any blocked sites today for free!
According to netblocks report:
“The new instances of network filtering are likely to impact media freedom and the rights to free assembly and association at a time when dissent is already limited in the region”
Internet blocks are currently limited to some specific online platforms and there is no sign of a wider nationwide internet blackout at the time of writing.
Subscribers of state-run telecommunications operator Telecom Egypt and Raya, which are also marketed under other brands, are currently impacted by the social media and news platform restrictions.
How to Unblock Site in Egypt
To access blocked sites in Egypt you need:
- Get your Sahrzad account
- Setup invisible secure connections
- Enjoy unlimited Internet in Egypt
Read also how to unblock VOIP in Egypt
How to Setup VPN for iOS
To setup SSL (SSTP) vpn connection in your iPhone you need to do the next:
1. Install Cisco Anyconnect app from App Store
2. Open Anyconnect app and in Settings section uncheck “Block Untrusted Servers” to allow it.
3. Back to Home, tap Connections -> Add VPN Connection.
4. Enter Description (any name) and Server Address. Tap Save
5. Swipe the AnyConnect VPN switch from OFF to ON and tap Continue
6. Input Username tap Connect, input Password and tap Connect.
7. Wait for the connection.
Try today for free!
How to Setup VPN for Android
Please download and install SSTP VPN client here
Launch “VPN client pro” app on your Android device
- Tap + icon to add new VPN connection and choose “New SSTP VPN Profile”
2. Input name of the VPN connection (anything you want) and tap “Remote servers”
3. Tap + icon on the bottom
4. Input Server address that you can find in your “vpn account data” letter in the marked field and tap OK button.
5. Server address must be exactly as in your account data (without http://, www or any other symbols)Click the marked icon on the right upper corner to save the settings
6. Swipe to the right on the right upper corner to connect to VPN server, input your username and password, tick Save and OK
7. If everything is OK you will be connected. When you are connected to VPN, you will see an ongoing notification in the Status bar on your Android device.