There are many advantages of using vpn on your XBOX.
VPN hides your IP Address. With vpn you can get USA IP for example and American content on your xbox. This means you can play on-line games that usually available only for Americans.
* WiFi Connection
- Computer with LAN port
- VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- Ethernet Cable
How to Setup VPN on Xbox
One of the solutions to setup vpn on your Xbox is by tunneling your vpn service via router and then connecting your gaming console and other devices to the router.
Please note: setup instructions may vary for different routers.
Use the following guide to configure a VPN connection on your router:
- You need an Ethernet cable and connect your modem to the WAN port in the router.
- Open your Router’s Control Panel – you can access it from system control panel.
- Go to the ‘Basic Setup’ / ‘Network’ / ‘Basic’ tab in your router control panel (where you can configure WAN or Internet settings). Enter the setup details provided Sahrzad VPN (username, password, vpn server, etc.).
- Select the appropriate protocol settings and the change the ‘Connection Type’ based on your router and VPN providers instructions (usually to PPTP, but it can be other).
- Select the appropriate DCHP settings depending on the requirements by your VPN provider.
- Click the Apply Settings / Save / Connect button and you are done.
Now you can connect your Xbox to the router either through Wi-Fi or through Ethernet cable and can enjoy using VPN on your Xbox 360 or Xbox One.
Use Your Computer to Setup VPN on Xbox
You can also configure a VPN service on your Xbox through sharing the VPN connection on your personal computer with the gaming console.
Firstly, setup a VPN connection on your computer.
There are different guides for your Windows, Max, iOS, Android.
If you already have a VPN configured on your computer, use the following steps to connect it to your Xbox:
- Connect your Xbox with your PC using an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi.
- Go to ‘Network and Sharing Center’ from your system’s control panel.
- Click on the ‘Change Adapter Settings’ on the left side bar. Right click on your VPN connection and click ‘Properties’.
- Go to the ‘Sharing’ tab and check ‘Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection’ option.
- Click on the drop down menu below ‘Home Networking Connection’ and select ‘Local Area Network’. Click ‘Ok’.
That is all! You can enjoy all vpn benefits playing on your XBOX.