How to Setup Smart DNS in Apple TV 1 2 3
To setup Smart DNS in Apple TV please follow the next instruction:
1. Open up the Apple TV
2. Open Settings > General > Network
3. Select Wi-Fi for wireless network or Ethernet if you are using a wired connection. If you have not already setup a Wi-Fi connection you will have to choose your network and input your password for the Wi-Fi again if needed. Select Configure DNS and select Manual
4. Enter YOUR DNS IP Address
5. Click Done.
6. Verify that the DNS you have just entered are present on the Network screen.
7. To make sure the US Apps are present on your Apple TV please go to the Settings > General > iTunes Store > Location
8. Select the United States
9. Go to settings and select Sleep now
10. Unplug the Apple TV power cord and wait about ten seconds
11. Plug the cable back in on your Apple TV
How to Setup Smart DNS in Apple TV 4+
- 1. On Apple TV Menu choose the “Settings” > “Network” > “Wi-Fi”
- 2. Select your Network
- 3. This will take you to your Wi-Fi configuration where you will see configure DNS option at the bottom of the page
- 4. Set DNS manually: select to configure DNS option and select Manual then enter YOUR DNS IP.
- 5. Go to settings and select sleep now
- 6. Unplug the Apple TV power cord and wait at least 10 seconds.
- 7. Plug in the cable on your Apple TV.