Etisalat and DU (Biggest telecom operators in UAE ) have blocked the introduced voice and video calling features on a popular social messaging app SnapChat.
The updated application is called Snapchat 2.0. It allows users to “start talking or video chatting instantly with one tap” once their friends show up on their chats.
The new features, however, stand in breach of the UAE’s VoIP regulations, which bar third-party providers from offering internet-based telephony services, be they voice or video calls.
Within a few days of the features being available on Snapchat 2.0, the UAE’s telecom operators have blocked them.
How to Unblock SnapChat Video calls from UAE?
Masking your IP address with Sahrzad Service is the most reliable and secure method to unblock SnapChat calls from the Middle East. The best solution to do that is using a vpn for Snapchat.
You can use SnapChat on Android and iOS devices.
All you need is:
- Get Sahrzad VPN
- Setup VPN connection
- Enjoy SnapChat calls.
Below you can find Sahrzad VPN setup guide for Android devices.
To make a new vpn connection on your device with Android OS you need to follow the next instructions.
To create new vpn tunnel
- Click Settings icon
2. Select Wireless & Networks and tap on VPN
3.Tap Add VPN Network
4. Input connection name (Sahrzad VPN), select the type of your VPN connection – PPTP VPN, input VPN server address from your account data.
Please be carefully – don’t use any additional symbols like spaces, http://, www, / …etc in the server address.
5. Input your Username and password that you received from VPN account service in e-mail.
Save it and tap Connect
For connection to vpn server:
- Select Home > Menu > Settings
- Tap Wireless & networks
- Tap VPN settings
- The VPN connections you have added are present in the list
- Tap the VPN you wish to connect to (Sahrzad VPN)
- A dialog box will open asking for your credentials, enter them and click connect
When you are connected to VPN, you will see an ongoing notification in the Status bar on your Android device. If you are disconnected, you will receive a notification and an option to go back to the VPN settings section.
Once you have created vpn connection you can switch it on and off on the main settings screen.
How to Unblock IMO on iOS (iPhone, iPAd, iPad Mini)
To use IMO on your iOS device you need to setup VPN on iOS device, connect to VPN then use IMO.
To make a new vpn connection in your iOS device you need to do the next:
1. Go to Settings > General > VPN
2. Click Add VPN Configuration
3. Choose PPTP VPN and enter you VPN account data. You will receive your VPN server, username and password in the e-mail
Server address must be exactly as in your account data (without http://, www or any other symbols)
4. Save your VPN configuration. Once you have created VPN connection you can switch it ON and OFF on the main settings screen
To use VPN on your mobile gadget you do not need any additional application.
You can setup vpn in a few seconds using Android or iOS system features.
We do not recommend using third party applications because this is not completely secure.
How can you be sure that these applications are not spying on your mobile device?
To be sure that this solution will work for you can test it before ordering. All the services mentioned above prove FREE TRIALS!
Enjoy Snapchat and IMO in UAE and others places of the Middle East!