Some time ago Skype voice and video calling service officially confirmed that it is blocked in Qatar. We are going to share simple and reliable way to unblock Skype in Qatar.
The best way to use Skype is Qatar is VPN – Virtual Private Network. VPN hides your IP address and helps to avoid Internet restrictions.
VPN is easy in use and you can setup vpn connection on your device is a few minutes. No additional software required.
3 Simple Steps to Use Skype in Qatar
- Get VPN Account Data
- Setup VPN Connection on your device
- Enjoy Skype and any other VOIP service from Qatar
Try Sahrzad service today for free!
The only thing that Skype can suggest is:
“The best course of action would be for you to speak to your ISP and ask why they are blocking Skype and request that they unblock our site and services.”
But we suggest you do not worry and use VPN for Skype in Qatar. This is safe, secure and reliable!
How to Unblock Skype in Qatar on Android
Please download and install SSTP VPN client here
Launch “VPN client pro” app on your Android device
1. Tap + icon to add new VPN connection and choose “New SSTP VPN Profile”
2. Input name of the VPN connection (anything you want) and tap “Remote servers”
3. Tap + icon on the bottom
4. Server address that you can find in your “vpn account data” letter in the marked field and tap OK button.
5. Server address must be exactly as in your account data (without http://, www or any other symbols)
Click the marked icon on the right upper corner to save the settings
6. Swipe to the right on the right upper corner to connect to VPN server, input your username and password, tick Save and OK
7. If everything is OK you will be connected. When you are connected to VPN, you will see an ongoing notification in the Status bar on your Android device.
How to Unblock Skype on iOS
To setup SSL (SSTP) vpn connection in your iPhone or iPad please follow the next instructions:
1. Install Cisco Anyconnect app from App Store
2. Open Anyconnect app and in Settings section uncheck “Block Untrusted Servers” to allow it.
3. Back to Home, tap Connections -> Add VPN Connection.
4. Enter Description (any name) and Server Address. Tap Save
5. Swipe the AnyConnect VPN switch from OFF to ON and tap Continue
6. Input Username tap Connect, input Password and tap Connect.
7. Wait for the connection.
What people say about blocking VoIP services in Qatar
Skype is blocked in Qatar I am afraid.
— Kali ☆ (@BadPieee) November 6, 2017
This Sunday! 😩 but cannot even skype in qatar cos they block all free calls/video ie whatsapp, skype 😫😫😫😫
— yswah (@aspraguswahh) November 2, 2017
Skype is officially blocked in Qatar – WhatsApp, Viber, Duo, and Facetime are also inaccessible
— Joshua_Trader (@Joshua_Trader21) October 10, 2017
In China, Facebook is banned.
Nepal banned WeChat .
In Pakistan, Twitter is blocked.
WhatsApp, Skype, SnapChat, FaceTime, and Telegram are banned in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and UAE.
In Bhutan, all are accessible, except PUBG. But know the difference!!!
— Chhedup Sangay (@ChhedupSangay) October 4, 2019