Last Update: October 2017
IMO is a great service that works both on Android and iOS platforms. This messenger helps users to make video calls and send messages from mobile devices.
IMO is popular in the United Arab Emirates, however it was blocked in the country like others VoIP services. WhatsApp, Skype, Viber, BBM voice services remain blocked in the country.
What can you try if you need these tools?
How to Unblock IMO in UAE?
IMO is blocked in UAE (Dubai, Abu Dhabi) and others Gulf countries but it is available in other parts of the world.
Let’s say you go to Europe or USA. You can use IMO without any limits.
What if you can move to other country virtually to avoid UAE internet restrictions.
You can say this is impossible.
But actually it is possible to do with modern Internet technologies.
All you need is just change your IP address and it will look like you are connected to the global network from another country.
This is easy and fast and you can try this today!
The most reliable and secure method to change your IP address is using VPN service (Virtual Private Network).
VPN in Dubai masks your IP address and under the VPN you get an IP address or VPN server which can be located in any country, such as UAE, Canada, Europe and others places where there is no any censorship.
Once you get another IP – you can use IMO!
That is simple!
To use IMO in UAE you need:
- Get VPN account Data
- Create VPN connection on your mobile device
- Enjoy IMO calls in UAE.
Where I can get VPN data?
There are many vpn providers today.
We selected only the most reliable VPN for IMO is the Middle East:
How to Unblock IMO on Android
To use IMO on your Android device you need to setup VPN on Android, connect to VPN then use IMO.
Below you can find Sahrzad VPN setup guide for Android devices.
To make a new vpn connection on your device with Android OS you need to follow the next instructions.
To create new vpn tunnel
- Click Settings icon
2. Select Wireless & Networks and tap on VPN
3.Tap Add VPN Network
4. Input connection name (Sahrzad VPN), select the type of your VPN connection – PPTP VPN, input VPN server address from your account data.
Please be carefully – don’t use any additional symbols like spaces, http://, www, / …etc in the server address.
5. Input your Username and password that you received from VPN account service in e-mail.
Save it and tap Connect
For connection to vpn server:
- Select Home > Menu > Settings
- Tap Wireless & networks
- Tap VPN settings
- The VPN connections you have added are present in the list
- Tap the VPN you wish to connect to (Sahrzad VPN)
- A dialog box will open asking for your credentials, enter them and click connect
When you are connected to VPN, you will see an ongoing notification in the Status bar on your Android device. If you are disconnected, you will receive a notification and an option to go back to the VPN settings section.
Once you have created vpn connection you can switch it on and off on the main settings screen.
How to Unblock IMO on iOS (iPhone, iPAd, iPad Mini)
To use IMO on your iOS device you need to setup VPN on iOS device, connect to VPN then use IMO.
To make a new vpn connection in your iOS device you need to do the next:
1. Go to Settings > General > VPN
2. Click Add VPN Configuration
3. Choose PPTP VPN and enter you VPN account data. You will receive your VPN server, username and password in the e-mail
Server address must be exactly as in your account data (without http://, www or any other symbols)
4. Save your VPN configuration. Once you have created VPN connection you can switch it ON and OFF on the main settings screen
To use VPN on your mobile gadget you do not need any additional application.
You can setup vpn in a few seconds using Android or iOS system features.
We do not recommend using third party applications because this is not completely secure.
How can you be sure that these applications are not spying on your mobile device?
To be sure that this solution will work for you can test it before ordering. All the services mentioned above prove FREE TRIALS!
IMO is also blocked in Oman and Saudi Arabia and with VPN you can enjoy IMO in UAE and others places of the Middle East!