Over 25000 websites were blocked in Nepal several days ago. Is there any way to access blocked sites in Nepal and how to do this safe and anonymous? The short answer to this question is with VPN – virtual private network.
The government of Nepal ordered Internet service providers to block the list of prohibited websites.
The head of the freedom forum described the situation:
“This opens up the path for the government to block any websites in the future, saying they have obscene content. This order was issued without clarifying what is obscene and why or without doing any proper study,”
It is impossible to block all pornographic sites but the government of Nepal wants this from Internet providers.
How VPN Can Help to Unblock Sites in Nepal?
VPN or virtual private network masks your IP address. Under the vpn connection you became secure and anonymous in the Internet. All your traffic is encrypted and you stay protected and anonymous.
Here are 3 simple steps how to access blocked sites:
- Get your vpn account
- Setup vpn connection
- Connect to VPN and enjoy the unlimited Internet.
VPN can be used on any device like Android, iOS, Windows, Mac and others.
How to Unblock Sites in Nepal in iOS
To setup SSL (SSTP) vpn connection in your iPhone you need to do the next:
1. Install Cisco Anyconnect app from App Store
2. Open Anyconnect app and in Settings section uncheck “Block Untrusted Servers” to allow it.
3. Back to Home, tap Connections -> Add VPN Connection.
4. Enter Description (any name) and Server Address. Tap Save
5. Swipe the AnyConnect VPN switch from OFF to ON and tap Continue
6. Input Username tap Connect, input Password and tap Connect.
7. Wait for the connection.
How to Unblock Sites in Nepal in Android
Please download and install SSTP VPN client here
Launch “VPN client pro” app on your Android device
1. Tap + icon to add new VPN connection and choose “New SSTP VPN Profile”
2. Input name of the VPN connection (anything you want) and tap “Remote servers”
3. Tap + icon on the bottom
4. Input Server address that you can find in your “vpn account data” letter in the marked field and tap OK button.
5. Server address must be exactly as in your account data (without http://, www or any other symbols)Click the marked icon on the right upper corner to save the settings
6. Swipe to the right on the right upper corner to connect to VPN server, input your username and password, tick Save and OK
7. If everything is OK you will be connected. When you are connected to VPN, you will see an ongoing notification in the Status bar on your Android device.